Music & Fine Arts
Spread the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ through scripturally based sacred music (i.e. hymns, anthems, spirituals, gospels, etc.). United; all Music Ministry members as one cohesive group that functions well within the church body. Each member will be trained in music theology and disciplines through workshops, seminars, music conventions and music literature. The ministry also strives to expose the congregation to a broad base of music through sing-along with the choirs, and to encourage potential musicians by developing skills and encouraging talents.
Contact: Minister Jarvis Smith | Email:
Liturgical Dance Ministry
“Let them praise His name with the dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.
For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation”
-- Psalms 149:3-4
MISSION: Through dance, we proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and establish an atmosphere of praise and worship through creative expressions.
OBJECTIVE: Through dance, our vision is to bring souls to Jesus Christ with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The vision of the MPBCLDM serves as a conduit for people to feel empowered and free to worship God in new and creative ways. We will achieve this vision through being sensitive to the concerns of the congregation and the community for the edifying of the Body of Christ.
PURPOSE: To spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, encourage the hardened hearts, lift the heavy-burdened, and inspire the lost seed towards salvation. When we allow the Word of God to become embedded in our spirit, movement can be birthed out of us. Our dance becomes a representative of the word of God, our faith, and our hope. We must willingly yield our bodies to the Lord and present ourselves to be used for God’s glory.
Dance Ministry is not “entertainment”, but it is expressing a message in praise and worship to the people of God through movement. Dance is, at its core, a form of communication, and can be used for many purposes in Christian ministry. These purposes include praise, worship, teaching, evangelism, prophecy, intercession, and warfare.
It is our desire that all dancers grow to their full potential under the anointing of God and are confident in the gifts that God has placed within them.
“For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.”
-- Philippians 2:13 (NIV)
- Glory in Motion Ages 19+ 2nd, 3rd,4th Saturdays 8:00am-9:30am
- Dancers of Destiny (Ages 12-18) 1st 2nd, 3rd,4th Saturdays 9:00am-10:00am
- Angels of Praise (Ages 5-11) 1st 2nd, 3rd,4th Saturdays 10:00am-11:00am
- Wise Women of Praise (Ages 50+) 2nd,3rd, 4th Saturdays 9:30am-11:30am
- Minister in dance during the church worship services and special occasions.
- Support missionary and outreach projects.
- Growth & Enrichment
- Promote spiritual growth and understanding of the Bible by attending regularly scheduled Bible Study, Church School and Church services.
- Dancers articulate their truth through trials, tribulations, and triumphs. All these changes in our life affect our movement. To grow in our calling as a minister of dance, we should be well rounded. Continuing to learn and sharpen our skills will allow the Holy Spirit to manifest. When we continue to allow God to pour into us, it allows us to flourish and fulfill His purpose.
Educational opportunities are ways to grow and enrich our gifts through dance training classes, conferences and workshops. Having fundamental knowledge of liturgical dance, the purpose, technique, and ministering in the various forms of liturgical dance will aid in our ability to worship God in spirit and in truth.
Shamari Taylor, Lead, Mime Ministry & Youth Dance Ministry